Globecycle is a waste management company with fully integrated facilities to handle and process industrial waste. Globecycle is a major player in Malaysia for collection, segregation and recycling of general and scheduled waste including plastic scrap, electronic waste, ferrous and non-ferrous metal, solder dross, oil residue and others.
The company’s operations include a material recovery facility located in Kulim, Kedah which provides easy access to northern industrial areas of Malaysia. At the site, recyclable materials, including ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, electronics and plastics, are extracted and processed before being sold for further processing and use.
The company’s operations include a materials recovery facility located in Kulim, Kedah, which provides easy access to the northern industrial areas of Malaysia. At the site, recyclable materials, including ferrous and non-ferrous metals, electronics and plastics, are extracted and processed before being sold for further processing and re-use. Globecycle collected and processed more than 17,000 tons of recyclable materials in 2018.
By holding a permit to operate a secure landfill, it is the only company in North Malaysia that will be able to provide secure and efficient industrial waste management and recycling services. The landfill is expected to be operational next year with a monthly capacity of 5,000 tons.
- High-quality standardised components and parts with a low-maintenance operation which allows a stand-alone operation
- Innovative design to hold microbes and prevent them from washing out
- Automatic aeration and mixing in primary digester and mixing and biogas circulation in secondary to improve mass and heat transfer
- Provides daily data about waste been fed, biogas production and indication of preventive maintenance parameter
- Need just less than 10 per cent of energy produced for functioning
- Waste is treated on-site, therefore eliminating issue of odour and pest
Xeon’s solution is critical to achieving Blue Planet's vision of zero waste to landfill. The technology captures the methane released from organic waste and has the potential to displace energy derived from fossil fuels. It also plays an important role in reducing the daily flow of organic waste to landfills in areas with poor waste management.
EnergyBin is a customisable stand-alone unit that can process anything from 100 kilograms to 5 tonnes of organic waste daily. Xeon has a wide client base, with EnergyBin units being installed in hotels and resorts, residential schools, municipal corporations, housing societies and railway stations across India. Some of Xeon’s customers include Tata Consultancy Services, Reliance Industries and the Kathmandu Municipal Corporation.