We conduct our operations with honesty, integrity and openness, and with respect for the human rights, the environment and interests of our stakeholders. We shall similarly respect the legitimate interests of those with whom we have relationships.
Blue Planet and all its employees are required to comply with the laws and regulations of the countries in which we operate and may exceed compliance requirements in case Blue Planet deems the local regulation insufficient for internal operation standards.
• Blue Planet is committed to a working environment that promotes diversity and equal opportunity and where there is mutual trust, respect for human rights and no discrimination.
• We will recruit, employ and promote employees on the sole basis of the qualifications and abilities needed for the work to be performed.
• We are committed to safe and healthy working conditions for all employees.
• We will provide employees with a total remuneration package that meets or exceeds the legal
minimum standards or appropriate prevailing industry standards.
• We will not use any form of forced, compulsory, trafficked or child labour.
• We are committed to working with employees to develop and enhance each individual’s skills and capabilities.
• We respect the dignity of the individual and the right of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
• We will maintain good communications with employees through company-based information and consultation procedures.
• We will ensure transparent, fair and confidential grievance mechanisms for employees to raise concerns.
Blue Planet is committed to providing products and services which consistently offer value in terms of price and quality, and which are safe for their intended use. Products and services will be accurately and properly advertised and communicated.
Blue Planet will conduct its operations in accordance with internationally accepted principles of good corporate governance. We will provide timely, regular and reliable information on our activities, structure, financial situation and relevant performance to all shareholders.
Blue Planet is committed to establishing mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers, customers and business partners. In our business dealings, we expect our partners to adhere to business principles consistent with our own.
Blue Planet aims to be a trusted corporate citizen and as an integral part of society, to fulfil our responsibilities to the societies and communities in which we operate.
• Blue Planet will co-operate with governments and other organisations, both directly and through bodies such as trade associations, in the development of proposed legislation and .other regulations which may affect legitimate business interests.
• Blue Planet neither supports political parties nor contributes to the funds of groups whose activities are calculated to promote party interests.
• In our adaptation and deployment of scientific innovation and technology, Blue Planet will respect the concerns of our consumers and of society.
• We will work on the basis of sound science, applying rigorous standards of safety. Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting
• Compliance with the ten principles of United Nations Global Compact for responsible business is an essential element in our business success. The Blue Planet board will be . responsible for ensuring these principles are applied throughout the company and its operations.
• Day-to-day responsibility is delegated to all senior management of the geographies, categories, functions and operating companies. They are responsible for implementing these . principles, supported by local Code Committees.
• Any breaches of the Code must be reported. The company will not criticise management for any loss of business resulting from adherence to these principles and other mandatory .policies. Provision has been made for employees to be able to report in confidence and no employee will suffer as a consequence of doing so.
Blue Planet’s policies do not constitute contracts for employment with Blue Planet either express or implied. The Company reserves the right at any time to delete or add to any provisions of this policy at its sole discretion. However, deletions or additions to this policy may only be made in writing by the Human Resources department. Where there is inconsistency between this policy and procedure and applicable local law, local law will prevail.